Interoperability, a major advantage for construction sector professionals
The “flow” of technical information in a project is characterised by series of data re-entries by the various actors in a construction project.
As a result --> Software and data are heterogeneous, incompatible and non-interoperable.
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) is shared between all the actors and is present from the design phase to building exploitation phase. Using IFC and CityGML standard files, all the construction applications can communicate between themselves.
eveBIM-Viewer allows to visualize and navigate through all the objects of the building, district or city and the territorial via a 3D representation with all their properties. It makes it possible to clearly identify the composition of a building or a city and to virtually decompose it.
eveBIM-Viewer offers several tools for exploring BIM models:
- High quality 3D visualisation
- Organisation and hierarchy of BIM data
- Detailed properties of selected BIM objects
- Cross sectional views with “clipping”
- Possibility of loading several superimposed IFC files.
- Image capture tool
- Natural lighting
- Measuring tool
- Collaboration through BCF2
- Extraction of BIM properties – Excel files
A modular tool that can be coupled with several CSTB software programs and others on the market
eveBIM-Viewer is constructed using a modular plugins architecture that allows it to receive numerous extensions such as gateways to TRNSYS, ELODIE.
With help from experts, by coupling eveBIM-Viewer to CSTB simulation software, you can enjoy a virtual reality experience with the possibility of realistic representation of building phenomenons (lighting, sound renditions, etc.)or to understand these phenomenons through representative metaphors, based for example on colour codes.
Gains in time, gains in productivity, gains in quality
Intended for all construction professionals, the eveBIM-Viewer digital representation permits:
- Rational and concerted management of the various trades during design and construction
- A better use of the buildings after construction
- A working basis that is always the “latest version” (all modifications are reflected across the entire project)
- A reduction in time and production costs overall
- The elimination of fastidious data re-entry due to the use of disparate software
- An aid in meeting the present day requirement of sustainable development